The colder weather where we need to be bundling up to stay warm is back among us. Many homeowners suffer with a damp home combined with poor retention of heat during these colder winter months. Damp and cold homes often result in the occupants getting sick with colds and flu. There are a couple different tips to keeping a home damp free and offer heating repair in Las Vegas to avoid the risks of getting sick.
How To Keep Humidity Levels Down
- Keep lids on pans while cooking food instead of letting the condensation escape.
- Open windows on warmers days allowing the house to ventilate.
- Check to ensure drainage outside the house is working properly.
- Ensure any and all water leaks are properly fixed immediately.
- Use extractor fans in the bathroom and kitchen to get rid of extra condensation.
- Use a roof ventilation system to get rid of extra condensation.
Ways To Keep Your Home Warm
- Use draft guards on the front and back door of your home.
- Install extra insulation in the attic to keep heat in while helping to reduce energy costs.
- Use lined window treatments to help insulate the windows to keep heat in.
Ways To Keep Fresh Air Moving
- Raise windows to allow fresh air to circulate on warmer days.
- Use odor free cleaners and less air fresheners.
- Vacuum the house regularly.
- Dust the house regularly.
- Do not allow smoking inside the home.
- Use central heating units.
- Place large area rugs on wooden floors.
Keeping a home properly ventilated and insulated during the colder winter months can save the occupants of the home many days of sickness. Keeping a home properly insulated not only helps keep the home warmer, but also helps reduce energy costs for the homeowner.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us.
All content provided on the Air Zone Cooling & Heating blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.